What it means to be a GLA member
A GLA member takes Shinji Takahashi Sensei* and Keiko Takahashi Sensei as his or her teachers, and learns about and practices the Study of the Soul.
Each person aspires to be awakened as a soul with eternal life, establish the bonds with others, join forces to respond to pains and callings and create world harmony.
*”Sensei” is a Japanese word meaning “teacher” and is often used as a form of address.”
The GLA Membership Charter
We herewith proclaim the GLA Membership Charter in the hope of “creating a world of freedom in which the glory of God and the dignity of the human soul can truly exist.”<
At the end of a long journey of transmigration, we were born into this era of atheism and materialism, bringing with us layers of regrets and aspirations. We lived in the midst of confusion and anguish that could not be resolved until we met Shinji Takahashi Sensei or Keiko Takahashi Sensei and were able to recall, for the first time, our bonds with God and our bonds with eternal life.
Both Shinji and Keiko Sensei have, at all times, believed in and communed with our souls. Their compassion has filled our hearts with hope and the joy of being born as human beings, and has enabled us to restore our trust in the world. We are truly grateful for these unfathomable blessings. (Reestablishment of the Bond with the Big Cross,)
Guided by Keiko Takahashi Sensei, we now gather in GLA and have begun to walk the path on which the most important pillar is the practice of the Divine Truth. As we have traveled this path, we have gradually become aware of the sorrow of human beings who cannot avoid being caught up in the daunting cave of karmic destiny and who lose sight of their soul’s aspirations and purpose in life.
Sensei has not only revealed these traps that lie between heaven and humans but has showed the way by which everyone can emerge from the cave of karmic destiny by aligning his or her entire way of life with the Divine Truth. This is truly the answer and hope in regard to the theme for which all learning, ideologies and religions have sought after for many years.
Through daily practices,, we have further reinforced our conviction that this path is the way of life that we have truly been seeking and that it is the new way of life for the 21st century of integrating soul, life and daily lives. (The Path toward Human Renaissance)
How much blessing and salvation we have been endowed with through our encounter with Sensei. We can now accept, no matter whatever trials we face, that “A trial is a silent calling” and a “blessing of God” through which a new self and world can be developed. We can now believe that a best way to resolve a situation is always secured.
The joys, hopes, and light that we have been given by Sensei should not be kept only to ourselves. If we look around the world, we find many people who, like us in the past, have lost sight of the meaning of living under the heavy burdens of life but who are still searching for the truth of life.
Bearing gratitude in our hearts for having been saved by Sensei, the Divine Truth and the GLA community, we shall walk the path of becoming Bodhisattvas who shoulder the pain of people and places with which we are associated. We wish that the GLA Community of Souls will become the foundation for the souls of all mankind and that a path will be opened for a new civilization, which we will protect for a thousand years and convey about Sensei and the Divine Truth to the furthest corners of the world. (The Path toward World Renaissance)
1. We will depend solely on the eternal bond with God and with Sensei in any and every occasion.
1. We will accept any trial as “a silent calling” which is given to us for our spiritual deepening and growth We will change ourselves first before we try to change the outer world.
1. We will not keep the joy of being healed and saved to ourselves. With the practice of “I will change myself,” we will make Sensei and the Divine Truth known to those people and places with which we are associated.
1. We will be companions who always walk beside our neighbors, by taking others’ pain as our own and others’ joy as our own.
1. We engrave within ourselves gratitude for having been nurtured and given chances to walk this path by the GLA community. We aspire to serve and contribute to the GLA community, to lay a foundation which is to last one thousand years, in the hope of providing a gesture of friendship for members who will gather in the future.
1. We will create “joy” where there is “pain,” “harmony” where there is “confusion,” “activity” where there is “stagnation,” and “creation” where there is “destruction.”
1. We will live each day as a precious and irreplaceable time to practice the Divine Truth, to continue to change our Ju-Hatsu-Shiki (perception-response-reality) together through prayer, and to aim to fulfill our soul’s aspirations and overcome karma.
1. We will learn from Sensei as our model so that we can learn to have unwavering faith in human beings, in the world and in the future and be able to walk this path.
May works of God be manifested through our daily Ju-Hatsu-Shiki as we live out this creed. May the light from within each of us illuminate the darkness of the world, and may the light of God be revealed on this earth.
April 11, 2004
All members of GLA